I get a kick out of writing these posts. I love to find some of the oddest or goofiest facts (along with some actually useful ones). So ........ Welcome to the next edition of "Did You Know?"
- One percent of U.S. employers allow employees to take naps during working hours.
- The average office worker spends 50 minutes a day looking for lost files and other items.
- An unpainted pencil inserted into the soil of a potted plat can eliminate mealy bugs on plants.
- In the Victorian era, the placements of postage stamps were used as coded messages between young lovers whose parents censored their mail. For instance, an upside down stamp meant "I love you," and a diagonal stamp meant "I miss you."
- The first webcam in the world was developed by Cambridge University in order to see when a pot of coffee had finished brewing.
- Pen caps cause an average of 100 deaths each year, specifically by people playing with them in their mouths and choking. The little hole at the top of the cap was actually inserted to prevent this. (I'm surprised I'm still alive - I always had pen caps in my mouth as a kid!)
- In 2009, the first German Office Chair Racing Championship was held in Bad Koenig-Zell, Germany. Whee!
- Before erasers were invented, the best way to erase graphite was with a piece of bread.
- You can sharpen the blades on a pencil sharpener by wrapping your pencils in aluminum foil before inserting them. Aluminum foil sharpens scissors too.
And now you know.........